cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperHub 4 not responding on 192.168.100.1 anymore, despite reboot

marcosscriven
Dialled in

For over a year now I've had SH4 running fine in modem mode, and can still access the status page via 192.168.100.1.

Sometimes the status page becomes unresponsive, but a reboot fixes it.

However, now I cannot access it at all. Is a hard-reset the only option? Has there been an automated update to change the behaviour here?

24 REPLIES 24

lotharmat
Community elder
I think a hard reset will be the only way to test this - just make sure you can read the settings password on the bottom of the hub!.

At least as you are in modem mode; you'll have no SSIDs to configure - just putting it back into modem mode (provided it works)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Anonymous
Not applicable

There a firmware version that caused that and was a known issue, it would be that you are on that one. if you are below 01.02.065.21.EURO.PC20 then its probably the reason why, the version, I'm on doesn't do it.

I just tried resetting. I was briefly able to gain access again, after putting it back into modem mode.

But now it's the same - doesn't respond to pings or HTTP requests on 192.168.100.1, even though it's acting as a modem fine.

Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 17.10.57.png

 It was always a bit flaky, but not completely unresponsive. It's not a deal-breaker, but sometimes the internet connection goes down and I like to reset the connection from the UI rather physically switching it off and on again.

Any ideas here please? Is it a case of an RMA?

Hi marcosscriven, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having an issue accessing the Hub's status page. 

Taking a look at the hub stats, I can see there is an issue with the power levels. They are not where they need to be and need to be adjusted. I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

They will be able to adjust the levels and also look further in to the access issue. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath is out of the office for a few days so to save any delays I've picked this up for her marcosscriven, I've book a tech in for you. You can see the date and time slot of the appointment here and if there are any issues with this please let me know and I can look to reschedule it.

Please be aware this is the earliest appointment available and any changes may result in this being pushed back.

Rob

conman33158
Super solver

@marcosscriven wrote:

For over a year now I've had SH4 running fine in modem mode, and can still access the status page via 192.168.100.1.

Sometimes the status page becomes unresponsive, but a reboot fixes it.

However, now I cannot access it at all. Is a hard-reset the only option? Has there been an automated update to change the behaviour here?

I have the exact same problem with my Hub 4, can't access it one minute and the next I can, usually get into it after a reboot in the first few minutes then locks me out. I think it's just a glitch with these Hubs as it has been mentioned before on here by a few other OP's.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

Hello marcosscriven,

Can you please keep us posted on how the engineers visit goes 

Gareth_L

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Its a bug they never got right my SH1 does the this some times but likely not as bad, all I do is refresh the page.
---------------------------------------------------------------