cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperHub 3 always slow unless I constantly reboot it (Like every other day)

stu_patchitt
On our wavelength

My internet speeds are really slow of late. 

I am on a 250MB speed package, and usually get close to or around that. 

However, the past 6 months or so, I am lucky if I can get 15-20 out of it. If the speeds arent slow then it is dropping wifi randomly.

Its affecting all connected devices, both wired and wireless. Pings are usually OK (sub 20-70ms) region but the speeds are really really bad. Web pages timing out - downloads s-l-o-w and Youtube videos are buffering. 

Until I do a reboot on the device...... Queue the usual 5-10 mins it takes for the box to reset and then we are back in business for either a few day or a few hours....then its back to needing a reboot. 

I have had the hub a good 6-7 years to be fair and I think its on its way out - especially as its had previous for messing about. The annoying thing is, when I try to call Virgin CS.... oh my days..... its like pulling teeth

A) Getting the non UK centre to understand the actual issue ...and B) Asking for a replacement hub or a newer Hub 4
They confirm there is no throttling or restrictions, and that all tests they do are OK - no issues, so go away.

I'm not wanting to be "That guy".... but I work in IT.. have done a long time - and I kinda know the hubs on its arse.

Anyone else had shocking superhub 3 experiences like this? 

Im at wits end as getting no where with customer support lately. I swear they are making it harder and harder for customers to call in !!!! 

Meh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

The get VM to focus on an service issue it helps to show it exists.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to show all the stats.

Do share the results of the full test.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

Summary : Please Sir, can I have a new Hub ?

pretty accurate tbh yea

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t assume it’s a hub problem and just ask for a new one, you will get the run around. Let a VM technician decide what is really wrong. Most problems of this type turn out not to be a hub problem, rather a circuit problem, cable or street box.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Client62
Legend

The get VM to focus on an service issue it helps to show it exists.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to show all the stats.

Do share the results of the full test.

Hello stu_patchitt

Sorry to hear of the speed issues experienced with your broadband service, we appreciate the frustration and you raising this via our forums.

From checking the connection and equipment, all of the levels appear to be in the ranges and spec's we'd expect to see. The speeds via SamKnows to the hub are showing as averaging 276mbps download and 28mbps upload, there were some issues earlier in the week with disconnections but they have settled down and none for the last couple of days.

Have you been able to run the tests yourself to see the speed to various devices? Let us know.

Rob

stu_patchitt
On our wavelength

Speeds seem OK of late, which is typical as soon as I raise this on a forum...... but the wifi disconnecting every other day many times a night is still happening a lot.

Speed drops and wifi cut outs have always been intermittent tbh. The wifi dropping out happens a lot more frequently (this image below of the wifi dropping out and the logo in green just flashes for ever)

Its just annoying that all this happens yet I'm told the hubs fine.. Meh!! 

stu_patchitt_0-1692724425761.png

stu_patchitt_1-1692724718865.png

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi stu_patchitt 👋

Thanks for providing an update on this. I'm going to send you a private message, so this can be looked into further. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ