cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperHub 3 Rebooting

mrkb
Tuning in

Hi,

For the past 10 weeks we've been putting up with our Superhub 3  rebooting 6-7 times a day. 

There's no warning when it'll happen, there's no lack of speed at any point...It just randomly reboots, which takes 4-5 minutes for it to come back online.

It's making working from home a nightmare, as each time it means re-logging into my works systems. The whole process looses me so much time during then day.

I've done everything I can think of from manual restarts, to factory resetting...nothing seems to help.

Any ideas would be most appreciated. 

55 REPLIES 55

Hi,

The phone line states that there's no issues in the area. 

It's 945am and we're already on two power cycles .

Again at what point does this become that you're unable to guarantee a stable connection? As I'm pretty sure there's nothing else to replace on my property.. 

We understand your frustration mrkb, the issues are still showing on your account for your area but the team are working on getting this fully resolved as quickly as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Rob

Hi,

So that's another week of reboots or power cycles. 

I see no point in a service status line if it never says there's an area issue, of which there claims to be?

Unless someone knows otherwise, then this really is the same issue I've been dealing with since February..

HUB Replaced, Cabling Replaced, Splitters Replaced, Work done in the main box...

If this area issue (that doesn't seem important enough to make it onto the service status?) is really the problem.. Then it's been our problem since February but never found before?

I ask again, at what point does this become a case of Virgin cannot guarantee us a stable connection.

I'm frustrated that after 2 years of not a single issue, that we've not been hit with this. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @mrkb 

Do you have an active BQM set up? If so please could you re-share the link with us. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi, 

BQM was running, but just checking it seems that it is monitoring the wrong IP since the hub was changed.

I shall reset it up and run it over the weekend, shame as it'll have missed lots of powercycles. 

Thanks 

Hi mrkb,

Once you have posted your BQM we will be able to look further into this for you.

Regards

Paul.

Hi,

Please find attached live view of the BQM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5f0c41306876be3817a717dc5647f6bc76cfd19e

lotharmat
Community elder
That looks very spiky with a few drops!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Yep.

And literally just dropped again. 

Hi mrkb, 

Thanks for coming back to us with the link. 

I can see from your account that there are no area faults affecting you now so this leaves the door open for us to be able to look further into things. 

The checks we run on the hub are showing issues with the stability of the Hub and that this is a prolonged issue. There isn't anything we can do remotely to resolve this so the only thing we can offer as it stands is to book an engineer. From the above posts I can see you've already had replacement cable, equipment and work done in the cabinet so it may be that they will need to escalate things at their end. Either way, to get this done I will need to confirm your address with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs