Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub 3 Died, need a replacement

So in short as per the Title my "Super"hub 3 died i've gone through all the tests and possible fixes that i can do short of taking it apart and looking, so i need a replacement sent to me. iv been on hold on the phone 4 hours and counting, i've been hung up on soon to be 4 times.

The weird thing is it still lights up but doesnt accept any connections (wired or wireless) and doesnt broadcast a signal.
After attempting to factory reset it twice, iv realised it no longer resets either but still magically responds to service status pings, at one point i managed to get a ethernet port to respond, i tried to put it into modem mode so i could rule out the wifi as an issue but couldnt login as someone was apparently already connected, which was kinda funny as it wasnt physically plugged into an outside line.and was fully offline since then its been unresponsive.

i left it off for an hour to cool, entirely unplugged no joy, came up with a green connecting light, at the top, and a red flashing light at the bottom so i turned it off to let it cool.

turned it back on 30mins later, instant and permanant overheating warning (red flashing led at the bottom) tested it, actual temps were relatively low which didnt add up. 

Turned it off again and left it for an hour while still attempting to get through, green light flashing at the bottom regardless of being connected up, and no its not the line coming into the house thats an issue, i can still watch tv and use the phone.

Any idea how i go about getting a replacement that doesnt involve waiting on the phone for another 4 hours and being hung up on, as that musics put me in a worse mood than i started with all on its own. I can go 2 maybe 3 days (including today) without internet access and not being able to work but cant go longer than that.

Tags (5)
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 3 Died, need a replacement

Have you looked through this for clues?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

oh yeah iv been through that multiple times its just generalized issues, the main light combination im having isnt even listed on there

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You can try texting on 07533051809.

At least you aren't on hold!

Other than that it's a 5-7 day wait for a VM staff member to respond.

On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

cheers better than what i had before.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi toomey2u

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the broadband issues. I've checked the system today and everything looks fine. Can you take the router of modem mode for me and I can run further tests?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

its not in modem mode, hasnt been in that for a while, i cant actually connect to it to put or take it out of any mode currently

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Oh. My apologies.

I'll get a replacement sent out now. 1-3 working days for it to arrive.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

na its ok, its always worth asking, it was the first thing i tried before it wouldnt let me login, after that attempt is when the ethernet ports stopped working, its a really weird set of faults all happening at once. and thank you very much

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You're more than welcome, let me know how the new hub is

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos