Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 3 update kills all Ethernet ports

In my area on 29th May 2020 Midnight an update seems to have been rolled out to Hub 3, which has killed all the Ethernet ports. After speaking to customer service they were quick to issue a replacement hub 3 however the new hub had the same issue. After spending hours resetting and rebooting the hub several times there has been no change. Also spoke to customer support who did not have a cue what Ping, DHCP and Ethernet ports are and insisted that since wireless was working the router is fully functional and asked me to get a paid service. I got the VM paid service and they quickly established after remote access to my PC that the router firmware has issues. Modem mode does not work either.

I have two accounts with Virgin in the same area on two different properties and they both have the same issue. I also hear the same issue from friends and neighbours in the same area. 

Virgin media please resolve this issues of Ethernet not working.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 3 update kills all Ethernet ports

Not working in what way and with what devices?

Have you tried other Ethernet cables?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The RJ45 (Ethernet) ports all four of them have link lights, but not connection.
The Superhub ethernet ports don't respond to any local ping requests, they don't issue DHCP address nor work with any manually assigned static IP address.
Being in the IT industry for over 12 years setting up networks, servers e.t.c you can imagine I have alot of gear connected to the internet via the Superhub I have a few switches that connect Access points (I don't use the Superhub wireless as I have a mesh network which works better), servers, NAS drives, CCTV e.t.c via switches.

I have run tests and have established that the firmware is blocking the ports as the modem mode does not work either. I have got a Virgin media engineer coming round tomorrow so we wait and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In Modem Mode only one port will work anyway and there’s a specific order you have to enable everything for that one port to work.

What tests have you ran exactly to establish the firmware (that everyone else is on) is blocking the ports (which isn’t happening for everyone else)?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have seen reports on the board where a pin-hole reset has cured this. Give it a try.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am having a similar problem with the Ethernet ports although I do get a connection through them but only get 150Mbs with speedtest, I have a WAP installed and over wifi getting 269Mbs in various parts of the house. So I would suspect the same something is killing the ethernet ports. Modem mode getting the same results.

0 Kudos