Menu
Mbroadbent123
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2 power supply dead

Hi there my power supply for my super hub 2 has died. How do I get a replacement or do I need to go through the steps online and order a new hub?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 2 power supply dead

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3/4’s (there may be a small delivery charge).

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then it usually means you are on an old package that the computer can’t recognise so they want to speak to you about it so you would have to call it in - which is problematic at the moment as they are having tech issues on their phone lines !!

Meanwhile I will flag for VM to come here and see if they can help

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Mbroadbent123
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, I’ll wait to see if anyone answers then, on a side note, I’ve seen a couple of posts about VPN not working well on the newer hubs, I have to connect to Switzerland via Cisco VPN for work. Do you think this would be an issue if I got a newer hub?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I never use a VPN or Hub wifi so someone else should comment.

My take on it is that if you get your own router and wireless equipment (like me and many others on here do) with any VM Hub in modem mode - then there is no issue at all.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Mbroadbent123 wrote:

Thanks John, I’ll wait to see if anyone answers then, on a side note, I’ve seen a couple of posts about VPN not working well on the newer hubs, I have to connect to Switzerland via Cisco VPN for work. Do you think this would be an issue if I got a newer hub?

There are horror stories of course, and you never see people just posting that their vpn works great with a hub 3.. why would they... 😉

the hub3 has known issues with udp traffic (very long thread on either the speed forum or the QuickStart one, can’t remember which), even when in modem mode unfortunately, so whilst I’m sure it works for many, I sure wouldn’t wanna be the one who had problems with it.. it’s for that reason I’m still running on a 200mb service as it’s as fast as my 2ac supports... and the 2ac has been rock solid 😉

if you’re certain it’s the power supply any equivalent rated one with the correct polarity on the pin should do the job 🙂

0 Kudos