Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2 keeps losing connection

I have an older super hub and I’m having to restart it several times a day as the connection is lost ..I’ve had it for years. please could you send a replacement? Newer model ? I hope that’ll solve my issues 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 2 keeps losing connection

When you say connection is being lost - is that evidenced by changes in its "lights" - alongside dropouts on ethernet cable connected devices as well as on wifi connected ones?

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply , the hub lights just stay on and don’t flash and I have to restart. 
the link you send gives me a message after logging in that says I am unable to upgrade online ? is there any other link or way to get this newer hub please ?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So as the lights dont change, you have no evidence that it is losing network connection - only that your wifi is dropping out. Can you test it on ethernet connection to see if it is a network issue or only happening on wifi.

Re upgrade - no other link. You can try calling in - there is about a 50:50 chance that the person on the line knows about the scheme and says "yes fine its on its way" - or they say it counts as an upgrade and try and charge you for it as well as starting a new contract for you.

They will test the connection - but if it looks good (we have no evidence yet that it isn't) they seem reluctant to just swap Hubs - not sure why?

A VM person will respond on here in a day or so and may offer just to swap it for you - but again will want to know whether its faulty, or there is a network problem as weel

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The lights just go static and don’t flash, I restart it and it works for an hour then it cuts out again, and again  . Thanks for replying .  About the helpline , I’ve had a dreadful time trying to get through , 20 mins on hold today then it cut my call saying it couldn’t be continued.. online has been useless and the chat bots don’t give me an option I need or reply when I ask .  I hope someone from VM can see this and pls help me with the Hub3 replacement. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Test it on ethernet.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos