Menu
nickred
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub VMDG480

Hi,

We have an old Hub - Super Hub VMDG480.

We have regular problems with Wi-Fi connections dropping out and slow download speeds. We have a M100 package and only getting around 40Mbps.

Reboot of the hub seems to fix things for a few days but then the issues seem to come back.

Have tried the replacement/swap hub scheme link mentioned in other messages in this community but always get the "Oops - Something went wrong" message.

How do we go about requesting a new hub ?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub VMDG480

40Mbps is about right on a 2.4GHz connection. What do you get on the 5GHz band? And also what when you connect directly to the SH2 by ethernet cable.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:
40Mbps is about right on a 2.4GHz connection. What do you get on the 5GHz band? And also what when you connect directly to the SH2 by ethernet cable.

Oh please, do try and keep up at the back-of-the-class: a SH2 is VMDG485, a SH2Ac is VMDG490, a Hub3(aka SH3) is VMDG490 , a Hub4 (aka SH4) is VMDG640.... 😛 ......  a VMDG480 SH1 IS NOT A CONCURRENT DUAL BAND HUB. ergo the band has to be preselected individually UNLIKE the other follow-ons.

Kudo’s for enthusiasm, but to avoid continued public embarrassment please make some attempt to read quarter million posts first......  😉

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apologies mr horse - I made the fatal assumption that all SH1's had gone to the scrapyard in the sky by now 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos