Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 4 problems: Dead Spots, Slower speeds, Constant disconnections

So I was sent the Hub 4.0 without asking for it.

Installation was quick and easy but now I have constant wifi disconnections for my home CCTV. There are dead spots where there were none.

I've called Virgin for support over the last 3 days hour after hour each time to be disconnected after being on hold. The phone literally times out and I'm on hold now! So far today I have made 4 calls each lasting an hour with this being the 4th. None of which have been answered.

It's beyond a joke! I have my old router still and have tried to reconnect it but it doesn’t deliver any internet access.

I've had no issues with virgin over the last 2 years, its been ok. But this is silly and a service level no one should put up with.

Can anyone suggest how to get the Superhub 3.0 connected again?

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 4 problems: Dead Spots, Slower speeds, Constant disconnections

Have you split the Wi-Fi bands? Chosen a less congested channel?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The whole point of the hub 4.0 is that it optimises the bands and does all of this for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@SunnyChana1 wrote:

The whole point of the hub 4.0 is that it optimises the bands and does all of this for you.

Not at all.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's the whole ethos of virgin's USP mate > https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi

So.... yeahhhhh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@SunnyChana1 wrote:

It's the whole ethos of virgin's USP mate > https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi

So.... yeahhhhh

And you believe it?

You need to split the Wi-Fi bands and choose the best channels to use yourself.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don't understand why you'd reply with that, If it was untrue ofcom would have a field day. As would the rest of Virgin's customers.

Take a break, get some sunlight mate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So you can either do it, or put the hub into modem mode and attach your own router or mesh system. 

Also the “Intelligent Wi-Fi” refers to the Hub3, as does the documentation, and 99% of people disable the “smart” Wi-Fi feature and let their devices do their own band-steering.

Hence it’s not included in the Hub4. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

"99% of people disable the “smart” Wi-Fi feature and let their devices do their own band-steering."

... right

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@SunnyChana1 wrote:

"99% of people disable the “smart” Wi-Fi feature and let their devices do their own band-steering."

... right

Yes. They do. Read the forums and you’ll see. The smart Wi-Fi causes more issues when enabled than when it’s off.

Which is probably a reason why it’s been removed from the Hub4. 

0 Kudos