cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 reboots / resets itself frequently

badger999
Tuning in

I am having nonstop issues with the Super hub 3 router that keeps resetting rebooting itself since the past few weeks. All wired and wifi connections drop until the reboot is complete and then everything starts working again. This happens at least 7-8 times a day sometimes more. Various complaints made via telephone to Virgin Media who don't appear to care. All phones for technical faults are handled by call takers in India who read from a script and it appears that they don't have a clue about the issues. I have resorted to taking the matter through ADR scheme through the regulators to seek Virgin media bosses attention on this issue as they appear to not really be bothered. Virgin Media will not send a tech out or replace the router and frankly are an appalling company to deal with. Any one have a fix for this?

299 REPLIES 299

Hi dougieadi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I have taken a look on our side and am unable to see anything that could be affecting your service. 

Do you have any issues on a Wired connection? 

^Martin

Hi Virgin media.

I am still having trouble with my hub3 resetting itself several times a day. You did arrange for an engineer to turn up on the 15th of April which i received a text for. I was in all day but no engineer turned up. I replied to the text message to say engineer did not turn up and also that im still having issues. I have still not had a reply. 

Can I please have answers to whats going on?

Alan

Hi Allytalk,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about this. If an engineer appointment was booked in then it is likely a visit is needed. 

I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

Hi

our wired connections work ok but so does the wifi, when the hub is working. When it goes off everything goes off. Can you explain why the hub has to keep rebooting itself? It's so frustrating, especially just now, the kids are back to doing schoolwork and we need a steady internet connection for them to upload their work.

We are having the same issue. Restarts itself most evenings then keeps doing it for a while. Only signed up a 2 weeks ago.

I replied to a private message sent on Sunday. I am still waiting for a response for any explanation. 

Lou_B31
Joining in

I am also having this issue. After multiple phone calls Virgin sent out a new router which is having exactly the same problems. The WiFi connection drops throughout the day and then the router reboots itself.  A wired connection won’t fix the issue as it will still not have a connection once the router reboots and there is no problem with the WiFi when the router is working properly. I am classed as a key worker but am currently able to work from home.   However this is severely impacting my ability to do my job. It’s clearly a widespread issue so if anyone has any suggestions on next steps it would be much appreciated.

Apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong place, I’m new! 

Hi Lou_B31,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry you are still getting drop outs after a router change.

As you are still having issue I advise you to Set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with us. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you see a wall of "red" - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture.you will find this here.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks very much for your quick response. I will get this set up and take a look. How long would you recommend I leave it running for?

Hi,

I would give it a few days so we can get a better reading of what is going on.

Regards

Paul.