Menu
shaun-hirst
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 3 Wifi issues

Been having a really bad experiences using super hub 3's and wifi.

All seems to start fine but after a while the wifi becomes unreliable. advice seems to alternate between splitting 5G and 2.4G to bonding them (depending on the current setting) and then factory reset.

After several call to customer support and getting told by one advisor to simply wire all my devices finally an issue was discovered (no wifi light on router) and they sent a new super hub 3, and just in time as earlier today the wifi completely failed on the old one. 

Plugged in the new one and let it do it thing. got my devices connected and speeds look good :). checked the router and no wifi light. so now what???

does anyone actually know if there should be a wifi light showing a super hub 3 or not? customer support suggested that it may come on later (24H) and may even need to be re-powered after that to get it all working, thou the light does show when booting up the hub but this was also true for the old one but does not stay on. most forums suggest ditching the wifi and switching to modem mode and using Asus or other wifi router.

is anyone else seeing this kinda issue? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 Wifi issues

I dont have a Hub3 but this suggests all is normal when no lights show other than the white poer light

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-no-wifi-connection-hub3

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
shaun-hirst
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

thanks for the link, so going on that it says the following

white or yellow power light or white power and flashing green wifi

all show as "It looks like the Hub is online and working. This means it’s probably your device which is struggling to connect to your WiFi."

thou following the can't connect route for many devices results in a factory reset guide.

with the previous hub I was seeing issues with several different devices ( Windows/Mac laptops, Apple TV, Android TV/Phone ) on both 5g and 2.4 but wired connections are always good.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So the lights are saying its fine - so what are the actual issue you have?

Is it just on wifi connections? What happens at the same time on ethernet cable connections.

have you tried renaming to separate the 2.4/5 GHz SSID's ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos