Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 3 Free Upgrade - deaf person, cannot ring Virgin

I have been having flaky connections, 'slow connection' messages, failure to connect, having to re-boot my Super Hub 2 wireless router once or twice a day etc for some time (at least the last two years). I have run the diagnostic widget which says 'all is well', yet the problems persist - a major issue when trying to work from home.

When I log on to Virgin Media (eventually), I am informed that I can request a Hub 3 wireless router as a replacement online, yet when I click the button, it tells me to ring Virgin Media. This is a major problem to me, because I am almost completely deaf, and for that reason I prefer message-based communication. However, I cannot locate any online chat facility any more.

Can anybody point me to a chat facility where I can bring my request for a new router to Virgin Media's attention?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 Free Upgrade - deaf person, cannot ring Virgin

Hi Luckyeddie,

Sorry to see you are having problems upgrading to the free hub3,

You can use the online chat messenger system here contactus/make-a-complaint 

Click on the red Broadband, TV, phone icon under Message us your issue and tell them your problem.

You could also try the text messaging service.  Just send  a text with a description of free replacement hub to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will flag for a VM person to contact you on here too.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

I tried the text messaging service yesterday afternoon, and finally got a reply about 18 hours later (8:10 this morning), but of course I didn't notice until just now (5 hours after I had received the message). I might try again, but it didn't exactly give me any confidence in the system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Luckyeddie,

Thanks for your post 🙂

I'm really sorry you're having issues with your current hub 2. I'd like to get you upgraded to the hub 3 so I'll need to take some details.

I'll pop you a private message now.

Thanks

Melissa