Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 2 2.4Ghz router failure

I have been having many problems now with my 7 year old vintage Super Hub 2, which often results in needing to reset the router around 4 times per day.  Over the last week the 2.4Ghz signal has failed entirely, including the light often not even being illuminated.

As you all know at the moment, working from home is stressful enough without the constant drop outs, but the total loss of 2.4Ghz means some devices wont connect at all.

I had yet another total failure last night and after going through the tests, it suggested there was a wider issue, however despite sporadic service resuming, 2.4GHz is well and truly gone.

As a result of the issues, I had booked for an Engineer to come this morning, but Virgin have now decided the issue is resolved and didnt need to send the Engineer, but the issue remains in that my equipment is unserviceable.

I desperately need this rather expensive service to work for my job, and how do I go about getting this rectified?

I have tried several of the hard resets etc as suggested on the forum and channel shifting, but to no avail, hence the arrangement of an engineer.  To cancel on the day when the issue is not resolved is not good enough.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 2 2.4Ghz router failure

There is an upgrade my hub page, but be aware it seems to not work more than it works, so it may be of no help.

If that doesn't work, try texting VM on 07533051809, or if you wait the forum staff may pick up your post and be able to get a replacement hub out to you.  Either way it might take a day or three for action to start and a week for the hub to be despatched and delivered. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 2 2.4Ghz router failure

Hi,

Send me a pm with your postcode, account number and area code if you know it. So I can try to help you.
To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Thanks Angelo

If my answer was helpful to you, please mark post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 67406 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos