cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden issue with WiFi pods on PS5

AndyN89
On our wavelength

So I have had the Gig1 package since December and 2 wifi pods to help boost it around my house. I have one wifi pod in my room, and run an ethernet cable from the pod to my PS5 console and always got great speed (between 550-650mbps) until 3 days ago..I noticed a huge drop off in speed. For 3 days now I have not been able to get over 95mbps on my PS5. Nothing has changed in regards to my setup. I have unplugged the ethernet cable from my PS5 and put it in my laptop and I get between 600-700mbps which is great. So I know the pod does work and the ethernet cable does too..but as soon as I put it back in my PS5, can't get above 95mbps again. I have done multiple reboots of my hub and 2 factory resets and still it won't work.

I do not know why this has suddenly stopped working in the last 3 days but it is extremely frustrating. I have been on the Playstation forum and asked and got absolutely no help.

Any help would be appreciated.

41 REPLIES 41

Hello Andy, 

Did you ever get round to fixing this? I am experiencing the same issue. Nightmare when it comes to downloading games, I am also on the 1gig package.

When I first got the pod I was receiving 500+ mbps through the pod wired into ps5 however I now only get 70 mbps. 

Thanks,

Nafees 

Hi Nafees, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your speed on your PS5. Taking a look at things this end, your hub is showing online and the power and signal levels are all within optimal levels. There's no fault in the area either. 

Looking at the pods, I can see one of them is offline. Can you plug this in closer to the hub so it can connect correctly. 

Do you find the speed issue is only happening on the PS5 or is it happening on other devices too?

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs