cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on Orange Light

Rhackett01
Joining in

I just moved into a new house and got virigin for the first time. 

The hub is stuck on an orange light and I've done all the resetting etc, but it still stuck on the orange light, and the Internet is not being reliable.

Any help? 

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Orange light is just a fading LED on a second hand Hub3 that VM have issued to you (there is no new stock)  it has no relevance to any issues you may be having.

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Rhackett01, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the service in your new home. 

I have ran some checks from our side and cannot see any known issues or problems with the Hub. 

I can see you have spoken to the team this evening and they have sent some signal to the box. Has this helped at all?

Let is know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hey Natalie, 

I'm getting inconsistent speeds throughout the day, I've tested close and far to the router. 

I work from home and the zoom call quality is very sporadic due to the slow speeds. 

I've not spoken to anyone this evening, so I'm not sure what you mean here. When I moved in I was getting speeds over 200, when I was testing today, I was getting below 40. Now it's better but still below 200.

Are there any other solutions? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And on an ethernet cable connection - you get what ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I don't own anything with an ethernet cable port so I can't check this 

HiRhackett01,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some connection issues, are you able to go to samknows.com/realspeed. The test should begin automatically, and advise what the outcome of the test is.

Alex_Rm

tugce
Joining in

hi,

I bought a new internet at my house, internet is works , everything works but hub 3 is not white led, led is orange.do i need to do anything ?

thanks

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @tugce, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the orange light on the Hub 3.0 you've been issued.

The answer to your question may have been issued in a previous response by @jbrennan further up this thread.

However, are you experiencing any faults with the connection, other either Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection?

Does the hub feel too hot to touch? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

no the hub is not hot, there is no problem with internet connection. only the light is not white