Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Street offline for 30 hours no progress

Virgin app said would be fixed at 2pm today

it was fixed for approx 1 hour and then had been intermittent till 4pm and now permanently down

30 hours and counting 

whole street affected but not BT and close to exchange not Virgin

Call lines up to 2 hour hold

engineer visit auto cancelled

online Chat unanswered

any suggestions ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Street offline for 30 hours no progress

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nothing to do with BT exchange proximity - VM does not use any of their systems.

All engineer visits are auto-cancelled when there is a known fault - until it has been fixed.

For updates, as well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info.  Or call in as Mike suggests

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Great many thanks

what do you mean don't bump the queue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes exchange makes sense but was trying to say that not all Virgin affected

how do you get an engineer visit once it no longer offers that again?

Thanks for the 0800 will try that 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you saying that BT customers are also affected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Broadbanduser2 wrote:

Yes exchange makes sense but was trying to say that not all Virgin affected

how do you get an engineer visit once it no longer offers that again?

Probably a "local" issue - perhaps a street cabinet has been damaged by some scrotes or the bin wagon reversed into it.  Or more likely, some utility worker has cut through your street's cable somewhere.  Any digging going on in your area?  Our's went down a week or two ago when the guys laying new gas mains on the main road 200yds away did exactly that !  Was a 24h fix - but of course yours will depend on how much damage was done to what.

Why do you need an engineer visit - assuming the problem is soon rectified?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No I just meant that multiple streets affected but just Virgin but not BT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin use their own infrastructure not Openreach networks.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It got fixed in the end

The App diagnostic and call centre fixes could not clear the signal issues. So when the engineer came he immediately could see perfect signal to the house but he could see errors that needed clearing and the return signal had errors that needed clearing.

So his diagnostic tool allowed him to clear these errors and he said that the call centre engineer could have done this but did not.

He got it working and then went to the street cabinet and it failed immediately. He came back 20 mins later and whatever he did at his he cabinet had cleared it and it has been 200mb + ever since.

0 Kudos