Menu
Umbrella21
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Street Cabinet

Have a box being installed outside my front window approx 1metre. Have major privacy concerns about this, should this be happening as the street next to mine they have sites the box next to a wall rather than in front of a front window? The cabinet has not yet been installed and do not understand why this would be done as clearly intrusive?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Street Cabinet

Do you own the footpath? Is it being installed on your property boundary? How is it an invasion of privacy?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Street Cabinet

There’s a code of practice for the siting of street cabinets and other infrastructure;

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/2057...

The operator should be maintaining a complaint process (VM if you believe it’s theirs).  It’s not in this forum however.

Look for the appropriate contact and if necessary council planning?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos