cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Issue - Wifi not working but Cat5 connections are

DThompson37
Joining in

Hopefully someone on here can help because it seems almost impossible to actually speak to someone at Virgin....

As the title suggests, my wifi stopped working yesterday but the wired connections I have to the router for my laptop and hive hub are still working.

I've rebooted multiple times to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve?

I looked at downloading the Connect App to see if that might help but my router is too old and isn't supported.

Getting very frustrated!

4 REPLIES 4

DThompson37
Joining in

To add, I've also tried the reset button on the back on the router.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

If you have anything older than a Hub 3, you really should press for a free upgrade.  VM should be actively removing older Hubs as they can't use the VM infrastructure to it's full extent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DThompson37,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the wireless connection to your Hub, just from checking our system I can't currently see any readings that would attribute to the issues experienced.

Is this issue still present?

Let us know,

Kain

Client62
Legend

Use a free Wi-Fi analyser on a mobile phone to see if the Hub is transmitting the SSID on 2.4 and 5 Ghz.
If it is not the Hub's Wi-Fi may as you suspect have failed.