Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for Internet speed upgrade!!

I chose to upgrade just my internet speed from 100mb to 200mb via the Virgin Media app on Thursday 8th June.  

I filled out all the requested info and submitted.  Shortly after I received a confirmation message of my upgrade request and a message asking me for feedback.  

today I received an odd looking email so say from Virgin Media asking me to call them as they need more info.  Not sure what info they need as I gave all the data at the upgrade request.  I also had to get them to send me out a new hub a week ago as the old one failed.  I got that the next day.  So far it’s been 4 days.  

Could the email be spam or has anyone else had something like this?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still waiting for Internet speed upgrade!!

Have you checked to see whether you are gettingthe increased speeds - on a wired connection to the Hub?
Or go into the Hub settings and seek out the configuration file/data and see what the settins are in 2 boxes marked Downstream & Upstream maximum data transmission rate (or similar - I dont have the Hub3) and see if the speeds in there are consistent with the 100 or 200 mbps package.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos