cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still on HUB 2ac - constant loss of WiFi

Howlingwolf
Tuning in

Hello All,

I still have a Hub 2ac... Recently, I am getting constant WiFi issues - WiFi will just disappear - none of my devices will connect resulting in having to reboot the router. However, that reboot seems to take forever to come back on line, up to 20 minutes. Last night - 6 reboots before WiFi actually came back up. Wired connection to my main PC was fine.

I have not made any significant changes to the config and have tried the usual stuff - reset, reboot etc.

I was all over Virgin's website last night looking in to how I can get a new hub/router, but ended up in in a constant "sign in to view" loop. I also tried the "chat" function to report a fault only to be told by the automated system that they had no availability to accept any more fault messages!!

I have been with virgin for years - normally very happy with the service, but this wifi issue is becoming an extreme pain, especially as we come to rely more and more on wifi while working from home.

Anyone able to offer advice? Or anyone from Virgin able to pick this up and help?

Many thanks!!

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst the Superhub 2ac is still in use, VM should replace this with a Hub 3 at least. The SH2 units are old and cannot use the VM infrastructure to its best use.  I would expect this swap to be F.O.C by the way. 

Wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Hero

Time for a long service but now failing Hub 2ac to be replaced with a current Hub.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Howlingwolf,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems with your service. As others have mentioned, the Hub 2AC should be replaced, and you can do this directly via your My Virgin Media here, free of charge. If you do experience any problems ordering this upgrade online, please let us know, and we'll do our best to assist further from here.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece_MH

Unfortunately the link you put in your post sends me to a page not found.

I have tried logging in to my virgin media page, but once there, I cannot see where to go to request a new router.

Would be grateful if you could advise what I can do next?

At the moment, the 5GHz wifi is simply not there and 2.4Ghz is hit and miss at best.

Best Regards!

Hi @Howlingwolf,

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry to hear that you're having a bit of trouble getting this sorted via your online account.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take some details and investigate further. Respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Howlingwolf,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so we could have a closer look at things. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly for security reasons, but you can check and manage it if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!