cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steady red light on hub 3.0

KatzD1
Joining in

For the past couple of months now, we have had a steady red light on our hub 3.0 and days when connectivity is very poor/non-existent despite there being no issues in the local area. We have tried the suggested fixes from Virgin (resetting, securing all cables, turning off at mains then turning back on), but nothing seems to be resolving the issue. 

I would appreciate some assistance. 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The red light is an overheat warning. It could be a false warning, but considering the other performance issues there is definitely something wrong. If the hub is noticeably hot I would advise you stop using it as it may be a fire hazard.

I have escalated this thread to the staff forum team. They should respond here shortly & get some details from you to arrange a tech visit to get this fixed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The red light is an overheat warning. It could be a false warning, but considering the other performance issues there is definitely something wrong. If the hub is noticeably hot I would advise you stop using it as it may be a fire hazard.

I have escalated this thread to the staff forum team. They should respond here shortly & get some details from you to arrange a tech visit to get this fixed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello KatzD1,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with hubs red light.
I'd like to take a look into this for you and arrange a replacement.

Can you please ensure the hub is well ventilated and out of any direct source of heat.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L