cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable broadband but regular Wi-Fi drops

Cfinn10
Joining in

Hoping for some advice. My router has been having regular Wi-Fi drops across all devices but the broadband is stable. Any Ethernet devices are unaffected.

strangely the issue only occurs when my Xbox is turned on. Will work fine all evening then problem occurs relentlessly 5 minutes after turning on the Xbox. My Xbox is connected over Wi-Fi, and there’s only 5 or 6 devices connected to the Wi-Fi at any given moment. 

I’m using the home hub 3.0 and have tried a power cycle and a factory reset through the router settings in a web browser. When the issue occurs I get multiple green lights go through the range of motions on the front of the router. 

why would my Xbox being turned on cause this? And is there any extra steps I can try from home or will a new router be required? 

B4427A04-9A8F-49EE-812E-CD6FDBFE90E3.jpeg

250F30D6-C795-409F-A369-63B9589618B9.jpeg

58DD5426-DD36-47FA-B746-026903F88E10.jpeg

 Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Hub can't handle your connected devices use it in modem mode get a better router with 1Gb ports

---------------------------------------------------------------

Client62
Legend

With a HUB 3 Smart Wi-Fi and Auto Channels will cause random drop outs.

The following settings are totally stable for us :

Client62_0-1689525728997.png

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cfinn10 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

We would advise where possible, connecting gaming devices via ethernet as any devices perform better wired, but gaming wired is where you'll see the best benefits.

If you want to try @Client62's advice though please keep us posted with how you get on - at the moment, there are no identified issues on your line causing this.

Many thanks

Tom_W