Menu
Chalkie247
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Split Channels with Wifi Pod

I have just taken delivery of my new Wifi Pod as the coverage in my son’s room was non existent during peak times.  

When checking the install instructions, I noticed that split channels should be removed however we cannot do this as then we can’t use our printer (it only works on 2.4ghz).

how can I work out which channel the wifi pod has auto connected to???

thank you.

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Split Channels with Wifi Pod

You cannot use the pod and have channels split / named different. Printer should still connect just reset it to whate ever the combined channels are called.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

spec says channels cannot be split but i tried mine like that and they seemed to work - i did not do extensive testing so it could give problems but if all else fails try it and see - you can always go back to both channels having the same ssid

Tony
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It could be the Pods will not be able to do band steering if the SSID is split? But that shouldn't be an issue in most cases.

0 Kudos
Chalkie247
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Stabilo00, but unfortunately it doesn’t work. When router is set up on combined channels, setting up the network connection on the printer is impossible...it just continuously fails.

0 Kudos
Chalkie247
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know if the Wifi Pod will show as a device in Virgin Connect?? I see a device labelled with its MAC address...could that be the Pod do you think??? Or does anyone know how to find out the MAC address of the pod...i see only serial number on the actual device.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

inSSIDer or similar will show the pods - i have 2 and when i go onto my hub it shows 6 mac addys so 4 are the pods - 2 for each band 

mac.png

Tony
Chalkie247
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks -tony-, I’ll give that a try!! 😁

0 Kudos