Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speed

Been in a week . 

500mb modem only giving 28mb.

2nd modem the same .but now the phone isn't working through the modem . 

Worked fine before the swap.

Levels are fine . 

Loads of fec errors hitting the exchange at VM.

Disconnection department here I come . What a load of **bleep**tttg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed

Virgin cable doesn’t use exchanges.

You need to speedtest with a wired device with a gigabit enabled card and a CAT5e or better cable. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The my rg11 goes back to the fDP iniber node goes back through the ubr in the exchange ie thhe Re: Speed

The rg11at my house goes back to the dp in the street. Then back to the fibre node . Then back to the ubr in the exchange where TV/ cable modem / Telco . Are fed from .

So it does go back to the exchange . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: The my rg11 goes back to the fDP iniber node goes back through the ubr in the exchange ie thhe Re: S

No.
Again, virgins cable doesn’t use exchanges. 

Anyway are these wired or wireless speeds you’re measuring?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: The my rg11 goes back to the fDP iniber node goes back through the ubr in the exchange ie thhe Re: S

The correct term with cable systems is the Headend.

Exchanges relate to telephone based systems.

The termination is a CMTS, although there is currently still POTS infrastructure for the Landline phone service

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Headend is where the Telco and TV and modem are distributed. 

Modem via the cmts 

They do go back to the exchange / headend . Same thing depending on bt or virgin. 

Hard wired to the modem hub is 29mb . On a 500mb service with only the laptop connected. Ain't good 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs 

0 Kudos