Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speed and connection

Hi all, 

This is my first time posting and my last resort. I signed up to 300mbps in July, thinking this would improve my poor speed and dropouts. I'm not surprised it didn't work but on a daily basis I'm getting more frustrated with the lack of service for the money I pay. 

My minimum speed should be 181 and I have not had anywhere near this speed since August. I've had engineers, a bb expert call me, 3 unsolved complaints (the last one which is over 8 weeks and now ready for ofcom), as we speak I am on a supposed 30 day speed check which I doubt is going to solve anything. I have to turn my 4g on in my bathroom and as I type my what's apps won't even push through the Wi-Fi signal is that bad. 

I'm literally at the end of solutions so any help would be appreciated. This is their last chance before I try city fibre

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed and connection

WiFi isn’t covered under the minimum speed guarantee. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

what speed do you get wired to a gigabit pc

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will try this when I'm home but surely wireless I should be getting more than 60 which is what I'm receiving averagely. I'm getting the same speeds I was getting in the package I had before 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Lynsey180681 wrote:

I will try this when I'm home but surely wireless I should be getting more than 60 which is what I'm receiving averagely. I'm getting the same speeds I was getting in the package I had before 

No - wireless is slower and has interference etc. which inhibits speeds.

And the fact that you're getting the same wireless speeds proves this, and also points to limitations in the device/s you are using.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos