Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speed and Connectivity

We are not getting enough coverage around our house, I’ve had to purchase a WiFi extender just to get WiFi in our bedroom. Not only that but speeds have drastically decreased to around 15Mbps.

We are on the 100Mbps plan and we were getting 111Mbps on average which is great but only if you’re no further away from the hub that 2 metres. 

We have around 25 devices connected which are either phones or smart speakers/plugs etc...

We basically have to disconnect our phones from WiFi to load Instagram/Facebook.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed and Connectivity

Is there a question here?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes...

1. Why doesn’t the Hub 3 cover my house?

2. Why has the speed suddenly dropped?

3. What is the limit on devices connected? 

And one more thing, we use a google home mini as a white noise machine for my baby, this cuts out at around 3:30am causing him to wake. Why?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

1. Because the Wi-Fi output is poor in the Virgin hubs

2. If you mean wireless it could be any number of reasons. You need to Speedtest with a wired connection

3. As in number? Any more than 15-20 and it may start struggling. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrDalby, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

My apologies for the delay, we have been a little busier than usual at the moment. 

As a provider, we do not guarantee WiFi speeds as numerous factors can cause drops in performance. For more information around improving WiFi please see here: virg.in/wifihelp

Please let me know if you require any assistance going forward. 

Nat
0 Kudos