Menu
NickOs
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Speaking to someone

Hi, Does anyone know how I can speak with customer services at Virgin to have my complaint resolved?

Having been a TV / phone customer for 3-4 years, about 3 years ago we moved Broadband to Virgin too with an impressive 200mbps speed offered. The service was intermittent which is disappointing as we are in central London not the Highlands or Outer Hebrides and several times we complained. BUT, with working from home and home usage increasing , we tested the connection to find that often we got no more than 6 or 7 mbps - disappointing to say the least. 

My real issue is that although it is now fixed, (I have to be happy with 50-80mbps) I have had no satisfaction from Virgin and despite numerous calls to Virgin - when I often hang up through boredom after 25 mins on hold - I simply cannot speak with someone. 

The Virtual assistant is useless, puts me through to a text call center where I wait ages for nonsense replies and offers to have a technical team contact me (via text I might add).

Its not good enough. This is supposed to be a communication company.

In the last week I have had to contact EE and Santander and neither offer text or virtual assistants. Both  have a real representative to listen to my issue and offer immediate remedy.

Sorry for the rant but I've spent the last 2 days texting the same message to a computer in India!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speaking to someone

Are you actually looking for assistance with a Broadband problem ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
NickOs
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike 

No, the issue of underperforming for overpriced broadband has been semi resolved. 
what I want is to know how to get someone from Virgin Customer services to actually speak to me about the issue that took so long to resolve. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TBH this isn't the place to ask, the staff on here are not far enough up the pecking order.

I would think your best bet is a registered / signed for letter to the head of a department and giving them a reasonable time to respond by post.

We see far too many complaints on here that have been fobbed off by VM saying that they tried contacting by phone but there was no answer etc etc.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
NickOs
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, 

TBH, I realise this forum is incorrect, however it’s quite apparent there are no chats set up for complaints.

Having tried to phone (not unreasonable for a company that actually supplies the phone line) on too many occasions Than I can count, then being constantly fobbed off with a virtual text assistant, I thought I would give this a go as I was led to believe there were virgin staff monitoring and responding to issues and offering help.

What a great excuse Covid has been to ignore customers for this shambles of a company. 
I’m assuming if there are any Virgin staff monitoring this, they’re ignoring me. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey NickOs,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your services and getting to speak to our team.

I have looked into your account and there is currently a SNR(signal to noise ratio) fault in your area at the moment, this will be causing the issues that you've been having with your connection and possibly other services too. 

You might find that you do not have any Virgin Fibre, Virgin Phone, Interactive TV, Catch Up TV, TV On Demand and TiVo® service home menu. We are sorry and working hard to resolve this for you.

The fault is due to be fixed on 07/10 at 12:00 and has been ongoing since 10/05. We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
NickOs
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike.

0 Kudos
NickOs
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Steven_L

I appreciate this is the first time you personally have heard of my complaint but when you're paying good money you expect a good level of service and to get what you're paying for.

I would appreciate a call to speak with someone to discuss the way VM have acted. We are paying customers, previously over £90/ month and we have received a terrible level of service.  

I simply want to know what VM are going to do about it. I am tied into a contract still paying good money and know of no other company that treats customers this way. I hope someone can read the texts between me and your virtual assistant which is the only way you want to communicate.

I have been told that I will hear from someone by email or phone within the next 48 hours but to be honest I have no confidence this will happen.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I apologise for you continued service issues @NickOs

Service wise we are working to fix the ongoing area issue and hopefully that will be done very soon, so that you can get the services that you're paying for. Our team are working to get this done as quickly as possible

I have also updated the complaint that you have raised with us for the team to get back to you as soon as they possibly can.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos