Menu
jandickson
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sony TV connection

My Sony TV is suddenly saying it is connected to my WiFi but has no Internet connection. I have rebooted everything.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony TV connection

@jandickson wrote:

My Sony TV is suddenly saying it is connected to my WiFi but has no Internet connection. I have rebooted everything.

do other devices connect ok?

if everything else is connecting ok, can you reset the network settings on your TV? maybe a full factory reset..?

0 Kudos
jandickson
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Other devices are connected fine, although I have recently noticed my Samsung phone sometimes has the same problem. Turning wifi off and on sorts that, but it is annoying.

Tried the same on the TV but when reconnecting to wifi it still says no internet.

I have yet to try a factory reset as presumably I'd have to set everything up again on the TV ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@jandickson wrote:

Other devices are connected fine, although I have recently noticed my Samsung phone sometimes has the same problem. Turning wifi off and on sorts that, but it is annoying.

Tried the same on the TV but when reconnecting to wifi it still says no internet.

I have yet to try a factory reset as presumably I'd have to set everything up again on the TV ?

Thanks

probably, yes.

you may find that there's an option to reset network settings, which would (obviously) just reset the network.. worth a poke around in the settings.

it's entirely possible that it's an issue with the hub rather than the tv, but as other devices are devices are able to connect it's probably worth starting with troubleshooting the tv first.

can you see what IP address the TV thinks it has when connected to the wireless network? if so, what is it?

0 Kudos
jandickson
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

IP address is 192.168.0.23

Have tried Forget network and then refind.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@jandickson wrote:

IP address is 192.168.0.23

Have tried Forget network and then refind.

well, that's a good start - it seems to be getting a valid IP address at least.

it might be worth trying to configure DNS manually - set the DNS servers on the TV to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (googles dns servers)

0 Kudos
jandickson
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Will give that a go tomorrow ! Thanks
0 Kudos
jandickson
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi  - read in another thread that setting time/date correctly might sort it, so tried that - hooray, its worked !

0 Kudos