Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Something Went Wrong On Most Youtube Videos

I have just received a new Hub 4 and since yesterday I have spent hours trying to resolve this issue, most YouTube Videos simply will not play on my Iphone out of say 60 songs on a play list 45+ just come up with the something went wrong error and so here is what I have done so far after hours searching this issue.

1) Signed out of Google and removed the account from my phone and then resigned up

2) Cleared all website data and browsing history, and cleared even advanced data removal in safari settings on my phone.

3) Reset Network settings on my phone

4) Turned on and off hub, god knows how many times

5) Reset the hub

6) Switched phone off and rebooted loads of times and each time clearing all website data and cookies from my phone.

7) Tried using YouTube in WiFi only mode, and then Mobile Data only and still get same problem in either mode, and also when I have both switched on.

This is DEFINATELY something to do with this new hub as I watch YouTube (or should I say listen to my YouTube Playlists every night) and up until I got this hub never had this issue.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Something Went Wrong On Most Youtube Videos

Does your playlist play on an ethernet cable connected device ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, Thanks for the message, no I am connected to Wifi wirelessley

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Did you do a proper 60 second pinhole reset

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary, Sorry for late reply and thank you for responding, no I did not do the reset for 60 seconds, probably about half of that, why does it take 60 seconds to reset? As I was not aware of that. Bear in mind if you do respond again I don't check my email on my phone so that is why I may not respond straight back.

Kind Regards

Gary

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

To carry out a factory reset on the Hub …

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@billybutlin wrote:

7) Tried using YouTube in WiFi only mode, and then Mobile Data only and still get same problem in either mode, and also when I have both switched on.

This is DEFINATELY something to do with this new hub as I watch YouTube (or should I say listen to my YouTube Playlists every night) and up until I got this hub never had this issue.

If the problem is occurring in Mobile Data only mode, doesn't that suggest it can't be a problem with the Hub but rather the phone?

Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

What happens when you use an ethernet cable connected device ?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I can't use an earthnet cable because the TV is too far from the wifi box

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Don't you have a laptop that you can use ?

Until you can prove that there is a WAN / Broadband issue the whole problem is down to Wi-Fi and that is a problem that is yours and nobody else's.

Probably 99% of Wi-Fi problems are fixed by using better Wi-Fi broadcasting equipment.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos