Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed.

Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later. - Hub 3

Thought I would start a new thread for this issue as the issue seems to be relevant and have had no propper response from virgin media.

Virgins response to this issue seems to be "reset the hub to factory settings with a pin at the back" or "leave it for <insert time preiod>" this is not an adiquate solution as I have done this before and it works, however here I am again. It takes a few hours to set up all my smart devices and connect all my PC, servers, phones, laptops, tablets. Portforwading all my servers, reconfiguring all their ips because they change after I reset. 

May I also point out that the hub 3's interface has been getting sluggish and this may be causing the issue aswell. 

I am moving house soon and I am out contract so if by the time I move I don't get a propper soloution to this, "DisConEct EthErNet aND JuSt GeT a PiN aND StIcK iT iN THe BacK FOr 60 SeConDs" is not a propper soultion, I will be ditching virgin for BT. Sadly BT are slower but when I was with them before I would rearely ever disconect and if I did it would be for about 10 minutes and not the whole night. 

This seems to be a common issue and it also seems that many people are still getting it judged on the other fourm. I created this fourm to hopefully cut out the useless "reset the hub" responses that the old one was full of.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows an actual soultion

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed.

you better start the migration process now then, as you won't be getting a permanent solution before you move.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed.

Are you using the Connect App on a phone or tablet?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

RE: you better start the migration process now then, as you won't be getting a permanent solution...

Sadly I know I was just hoping that if enough people report this issue it may help virgin pull their finger out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are you using the Connect App on a phone or tablet?

No just the hub 3 web inteface (192.168.0.1)

edit: And since I had this issue before I changed the default admin password and only ever logged into it via my main desktop PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Anyone in the house possibly using the app?

When factory resetting, are you doing a 60 second pinhole reset?

Other than someone else being logged in, there's no other reason for it to do it.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

"edit: And since I had this issue before I changed the default admin password and only ever logged into it via my main desktop PC." -Ashley777

"When factory resetting, are you doing a 60 second pinhole reset?" -gary_dexter

"Virgins response to this issue seems to be "reset the hub to factory settings with a pin at the back" "this is not an adiquate solution as I have done this before and it works, however here I am again." -Ashley777

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

That still doesn't answer my question. Are you doing the reset for 60 seconds?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: When factory resetting, are you doing a 60 second pinhole reset?

Yes, I do hold it for 60 seconds and it works - for a day or two.

The pin hole reset is a tempary fix and does not actually solve the issue just patches it for a day or two.

And no nobody is actually logged in, this is the issue.

edit: Also Just realised I said I held it for 60 seconds in the first message of this thread.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter wrote:
Other than someone else being logged in, there's no other reason for it to do it.

other than the well known bug, of course

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray