Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Some questions please

Hi everyone hope you are safe and well.

I have been reading around the forums just to get prepared for what may come and things I am already annoyed with but have a few questions. My knowledge on these things aint so good hence help us out if possible.

1. Router firmware updates do they happen often and if their is problems and these routers like the hub3 has been out for around 2 years i believe. So they should atleast tell people what, where amd when.

2. When you start to have problems with connection issues and they cannot fix it what exactly happens because I get mixed messages on here. I am just dreading that the new place may have problems and it might be to late to do anything about it.

3. I am on their mobile and its a pain to go to 2 different customer service whats the best way to get everything under one roof.

4. Do these guys have apps specifically on android to control the hub like parental control, kick your kids off while boosting your connection as priority  billing, inclusive bundles on mobile which ever one they plan to give me tomorrow. If they don't do these guys plan to even make one and when. Their website is totally crap.

5. Bonus question. Why do these guys keep using covid as an excuse when they are working from home i mean the agents on the phone. It makes no sense waiting for someone online or on the phone for over 40 minutes and sometimes you get disconnected.

I know this kinda sounds like a rant but its 2020 and other carriers have alot of this implemented unless their is and i dont know about it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Some questions please

Maymod - you said on Sunday in your other thread that you were to be connected to VM by today. Has that not happened? If it has, are you actually having any issues - and what are they specifically?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

They are coming on tomorrow.

Also i tried to ring the customer service and just get passed around. The wait times are like 40 minutes to an hour. I got disconnected and I rang again and just waited so I gave up.

The issues really are that is their an app that I can control this hub as I dont see anything on the playstore unless I missed it or its got a different name. Their website is so crap takes ages to load up and the online chat just loops and does not connect you. I also wanted my account number since they gave me the mobile sim card and also how do I check my bundle data minutes and also the other questions above was in hindsight really.

The truth is I dont really ever want to phone the customer service as its just plain bad and I have not even joined fully. I would just rather everything just be on a app and do everything at my own leisure.

All my questions get answered in this community forum which I can bare with but at some point your going to have to call these guys.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Wow thanks

Just like I said I get everything answered on here.

Let's hope these apps are good and fulfil all the parental needs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

By all accounts (I never use it) the connect App is not great.  Folks on here will tell you that its much simpler and better going into the Hub settings via a browser and doing it all there. In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 in "normal mode" or http://192.168.100.1 If you ever put it in modem mode, and then log in with the settings password on the Hub sticker and just navigate through the various pages/options.

Irrespective of how "good" the Apps are, one of the reasons I have always been in modem mode is that the VM Hub's routing abilities and functions can at best be described a "basic & limited". For anything sophisticated you should get your own router. I needed to do that for setting timed access windows on different days for each of my kid's devices whilst they were in school.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick one can I use the Vodafone router and then use the app as its pretty good and the WiFi works but not sure about the 350mbs speed???

This is the one

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/wi-fi-hub-and-broadband-app#:~:text=More%20information-,Vodafon...

The wifi hub

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Maymod wrote:

Just a quick one can I use the Vodafone router and then use the app as its pretty good and the WiFi works but not sure about the 350mbs speed???

This is the one

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/wi-fi-hub-and-broadband-app#:~:text=More%20information-,Vodafon...

The wifi hub

not sure what you are asking - you cannot use the vodafone hub as your initial modem that has to be the hub3 - you may be able to use it as an access point - that would depend on if you can turn off DHCP and change its ip addy

Tony
Highlighted
Legend
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

This what I use >> Network Signal Info Pro <<  it gives Wi-Fi signal strengths, Mobile signal strength and Mobile Cell Tower location.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

What i meant is if I put the hub??? In modem mode and then connect to the Vodafone one using a cable then can i do everything else.

That way wifi is good and if the apps work then thats brilliant. Also saves a few quid.

0 Kudos