Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Some devices won’t connect to the WiFi

Hi all,

About 2 weeks ago my friends phone stopped being able to access the WiFi in my house, I have the hub 3.0. Prior to this there was no problems accessing the WiFi on any device. I have bought a printer recently that also needs to access the WiFi but again the network is not showing up as an option, leading me to believe that it wasn’t a problem with my friends phone. It’s weird because most phones in the house can access it no problem and other devices like computer, consoles etc.. can. I have tried the obvious which is resetting and it has not worked. Please help

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Some devices won’t connect to the WiFi

Is the SSID showing to connect to?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

no the SSID does not show on them devices 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Try a reboot using this method ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

Give it a good 5 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then try your connections again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I have tried this and still it doesn’t show up on these devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The hub being a pain? fix it fast with your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - can you see the devices ?

Then navigate to the Wireless page and ensure that both frequencies are enabled.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos