Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Some devices now unable to obtain an IP address

Hi

All of a sudden yesterday multiple devices in my home failed to obtain an IP address (iPhone 11, Samsung Note 10, Google Pixel book, iMac, Google Home, Google Nest Mini) but one device MacBook Pro is still able to connect?!?

I have a SuperHub 2ac.

I can't hard wire into the SuperHub using a patch cord either anymore.  Which always normally works?

I connected wirelessly to it via the one device that still works, the MacBook Pro.

I reduce the DHCP lease time to 10mins, turned on and off, reset it via the pin hole and there is not change.  Devices are still unable to obtain an IP address.

Can someone advise as to what to do?

Thanks
Ross

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Some devices now unable to obtain an IP address

I investigated a similar problem for a neighbour recently (albeit with Hub3).
Turned out to be an address conflict caused by an errant piece of Apple hardware. After it was removed, everything worked OK.
I'd suggest switching every user off then re-adding them one at a time to see if there is a particular device causing trouble.
M350 over FTTP
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  This all began when my wife got her new iPhone 11 but I'd be surprised if that was the problem.  It's really odd that her MacBook Pro is the only device that can still connect

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

With my router I've allocated each device a fixed IP address to avoid any conflicts. You'll need to know the MAC address of each device to do so

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Turned everything off but still unable to connect any of the devices that fail to obtain an IP address.  This is really frustrating as I work from home and need to internet.

I can't understand why I can't just plug directly into the router rather than using the wifi?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Now the last device working, the MacBook Pro, will now not connect to Wifi either.  This is very frustrating

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've now hard reset the router and I am now able to connect my Pixel Chrome book to the wifi and internet.

I'll turn things back on one at a time with the last one being the new iPhone 11 Max Pro!

Anyone have any other suggestions for how to proceed other than the above, thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry Ross030568, 

I would also recommend the advice already given.  Have you successfully re-connected your devices to the WiFi?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos