Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Solid red light on superhub 3

Hi

I am having problems with my virgin media superhub 3, there is a solid red light on it all the time and internet keeps dropping off, i have unplugged the hub several time and have left it off for 30 mins to "cool" down as that is what the service status tells is the cause, but nothing had been running prior to the internet going off. the light changes colour has it is starting up but then just goes to solid red and it is like that constantly. the hub has been in the same location for a long time with no issues. But recently having problems so need a new hub to fix the problem. been on the phone several times trying to get a response from virgin to no avail, paying a lot of money for a shocking service.

is there no one manning the phones for the whole of the virgin network?

very annoyed user.

Andy

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Solid red light on superhub 3

I have asked VM to get it swapped - check back here. In the meantime - switch it off when you are out or go to bed - just in case 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you John, 

Do you work for VM?h did you get in contact with them?

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andyales,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Just before we go any further with this replacement can I confirm the following has been done;

The Hub should be placed out in the open
Nothing should be covering the vents on the side
Make sure the Hub is upright

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS

As I stated in my post the superhub 3 has been in the same place for ages with no issues.  The unit is in a position where redit isn't covered and no vents are covered and it is in an upright position. We have been having intermittent drop offs for a while and reading about the hub being too hot, so kept turning it off, but never really thought about it, but it is happening more often now, and there is a solid red light on constantly now even when it has been turned off for ages. So I do require a replacement hub as I think this one is faulty. 

Regards

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Thank you for coming back to us and answering our Questions, I will be more than happy to do further checks and arrange a new hub if required, 

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos