cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid red light on router

Sparky1978
Joining in

Hi, I have a solid red light on my router. It's quite old, I think. Can you help?

6 REPLIES 6

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sparky1978,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to see you're having some issues with the hub. 

Can you confirm if you've rebooted and this is still the same?

Are you using the hub in modem mode?

Alex_Rm

I have switched on and off, but not done a full reset. Is this by sticking a paperclip into the back?

Thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it (printed on the base sticker)?

Are you in normal router mode or have you got it set to modem mode?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It's Hub 3.0

As far as I know in normal mode. I haven't connected anything! Wifi is working fine, just there's a constant red light.

Hey Sparky1978,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with the red light on your router and connection issues. 
I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

I had a similar issue.. from what I can tell something got unhappy after a powercut - not all devices could be seen on the app or homepage, or they'd show different devices, and then WiFi to one of the TV boxes kept dropping.. then the pods started disconnecting.

I got a new Hub3 installed today, nice white light, all appears stable for now, so definitely worth getting a technician in if you can get through