cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Red Power Light on Router

Craig14
Joining in

Hello 

I've had my router for 5 years and it's suddenly got a solid Red light instead of the usual white power light. I've tried turning it off and on again. I've also tried the pinhole reset and it's not making any difference. I've seen other posts on this forum that suggest requesting a new hub. How do I arrange this, please?

Thanks

Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Call 0345 454 1111. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Run the Hub's Network diagnostics and check if the reported Temperature is normal or too high.

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Call 0345 454 1111. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Craig14 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Craig14
Joining in

Ended up calling Customer Services. After 20 minutes explaining to the rep that his remote tests were useless cos my broadband was fine, but the LED array was faulty and that this constituted a hardware fault, he agreed to send an engineer out. She replaced the box with no hassle.

Great engineers - 1st Line Customer Service could do with some training.

Great to hear all sorted @Craig14 

Do pop back to the community should you need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill