cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Red Light & Intermittent Wifi

gemma_scarlett
Joining in

So.. after numerous calls to Virgin to request support for a solid red light and intermittent WiFi on my hub I have just been told there is nothing they can do. 
For the past few months I have had a solid red light on my hub, and the WiFi continually drops off. I was initially told I needed one of their “pods” which was sent and installed with no impact at all, after another call I was told to reset my hub and ensure it is not overheating (which I have done and doesn’t seem to be the issue. 
The final straw this evening is I was told they will send me another “pod” and if the issue persists to use an Ethernet cable to plug in my devices, which just isn’t an option due to the devices we use. My partner works from home (the hub is in our living room within 3 feet of his laptop) and it’s becoming increasingly embarrassing when the internet drops out in the middle of a Teams call. 
Please please can someone help!! 

3 REPLIES 3

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gemma_scarlett thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you've got a constant red light on your hub and intermittent WiFi. And sorry for any concerns this may be causing you. I would like to help you resolve this. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee I have the same problem.  Red light 6 months now. Phoned virgin few times.  Told reset it etc. keep it cool   No joy.  Sent out a pod a things still not right occasionally dropouts etc    I know the hun needs replaced but seems to be a reluctance from support . If they would even send an engineer out I’d be happier 

Hey Sticksdoc,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your router for the last 6 months, I will be happy to get this looked into further and we will likely need to send a technician out to resolve the issues but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L