cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoCA 2.5

Graze
Joining in

My router is upstairs and my Tivo connection downstairs. Can I fit a SoCA 2.5 ethernet converter via a splitter to the coax socket on the wall downstairs to also provide wired ethernet to my TV?

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, does not work like that. The best way is to run an Ethernet cable between the hub and ‘TiVo’, can be done externally. I have hidden some behind the down pipes.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Tudor, 

Funny because after waiting a long time on the line to Virgin Tech support I was finally assured that it would work if I was prepared to carry out the installation myself, although Virgin, unsurprisingly, would not support me with any problems I might encounter.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You cannot make any alteration to the coax side of the Hub. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Graze,

Thanks for your post. I'm afraid that we'd be unable to comment on DIY/third party equipment related questions, however if you do need any of your Virgin Media equipment relocating, this is something we can arrange - just let us know.

Beth