Menu
PennG0VQY
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So far, suitably unimpressed

Virgin visited me last week and installed cabling and router.  However, they left me to plug in the Internet.  At the moment I am  still with BT Internet.  I didn't want to cancel my BT account until I'm absolutely sure I'm working with virgin media.  So, I swapped Routers today and initially I thought everything was working.  However, it's not working at all.  The phone line doesn't work and nor do my computers, which are connected into a networking switch don't work either.  I swapped back to the BT Home Hub and everything immediately starts working.  I don't know what's wrong and I am not happy.  Even virgin sorts this out or I am cancelling the contract and staying with BT

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: So far, suitably unimpressed

I assume you got a Hub3 - what are the various lights on it showing and doing?

If the bottom light is flashing green - it may not have been "activated" on your account. VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the equipment should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, but it sometimes doesn't work.

Then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500. You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone up the VM helpline, see how that goes, and factor the experience of calling and the outcome into your decision.  And keep in mind that you've only got 14 days to cancel from the date they connect you, and the company may say that starts from when they visited.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @PennG0VQY

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your connection. 

Can I just ask, did the engineer activate this, or have you spoken with virgin at all to get this activated? 

Do any lights show when you switch to the Virgin Hub? There should be a white light if so? 

Please do let us know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think this issue seems to have moved on to cancelling VM in this duplicate topic here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Why-do-I-bother-with-virgin-media/m-p/475...

0 Kudos