Menu
Sonya2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Smart watch tariff

Hi everyone,

I have a virgin SIM deal and I'd like to connect my 4g Samsung watch to it as Bluetooth is not enough for how id like to use it. As far as I can see this is not something virgin are currently offering, but is it something they will be offering soon? Or do I have to change networks? As far as I can see, pls correct me if I'm wrong, EE is the only one that will let me do this?

Thanks so much for any replies in advance 😃

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smart watch tariff

Please post in the mobile forum 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Afternoon @Sonya2

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your Smart Watch. 

It all depends on a variety of factors weather this will work with your SIM deal. Have you followed the manufacture instructions to set up a connection to your device? Some devices allow to to pair, some will require a SIM to be inserted into the watch - what one are you trying to do? 

If you can let the Community know, then they may be able to assist you further

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sonya2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

I have paired my watch with my phone but the Bluetooth connection is not strong enough. I'd like to be able to use my watch without Bluetooth, I'd like to connect to 4g using the esim embedded in the watch.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin Mobile do not offer E-SIM Support to my knowledge

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Sonya2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They don't seem to but I'm mostly wondering if they will in the near future?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Most MVNO's won't offer such things - and it's down to Apple as to who they want to use it with

0 Kudos
Sonya2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've a Samsung watch and EE offers an option so looks like I will have to switch.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me 😃

0 Kudos