Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Smart bulbs won’t work with hub 4

I have some magic home smart bulbs and a smart thermostat for underfloor heating. Since I received my new hub 4.0 all these devices have ceased to function. I have tried various security settings, I’ve checked they only work on 2.4 ghz and have tried turning off 5.0ghz. I’ve changed passwords and names of SSID nets to be different. I’ve tried wpa wpa2 settings and still can’t find a reason they won’t work. I have other smart home lights connect fine seems to be a problem with lights over 6month old. I’ve done full factory reset so. The lights and cosy toes thermostat to no a avail. I do t have another router laying around for modem only modes nor do I want to do that. Does anyone have the faintest idea what’s the problem. I suspect it’s the hub 4 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smart bulbs won’t work with hub 4

@redmodro wrote:

I have some magic home smart bulbs and a smart thermostat for underfloor heating. Since I received my new hub 4.0 all these devices have ceased to function. I have tried various security settings, I’ve checked they only work on 2.4 ghz and have tried turning off 5.0ghz. I’ve changed passwords and names of SSID nets to be different. I’ve tried wpa wpa2 settings and still can’t find a reason they won’t work. I have other smart home lights connect fine seems to be a problem with lights over 6month old. I’ve done full factory reset so. The lights and cosy toes thermostat to no a avail. I do t have another router laying around for modem only modes nor do I want to do that. Does anyone have the faintest idea what’s the problem. I suspect it’s the hub 4 

Looks like you aren't the only one!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-4-smart-device-problems/m-p/4475447#M34... 

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Probably the hub.

So modem mode it is 🙂

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I just just rang technical and there is no solution, they have reactivated my HUB 3.0. All back up and running perfectly. I got the lights working on a quest network but only when not using security. Bizarre its clearly an issue with security settings on the HUB 4.0

0 Kudos