Menu
Psy1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Slow wifi

So i have a 100mbps plan and i did a speed test and i am only getting 40mbps speeds on my pc when i do the test on my phone im getting the normal 100mpbs

tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow wifi

is your PC connected on teh 2.4ghz band?

0 Kudos
Psy1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have a internet for both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz ive tried both both are getting about the same mbps

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Then it’s a limitation of the Wifi card in your PC

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Psy1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The only question i have for you is So a few weeks ago my wifi was actually going at 100mbps and nows it stuck at 40-50 mbps  do u have any reason that could be or is it still just the wifi card in my pc

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If your phone is getting 100Mbps then the line/connection itself is fine.

It could be that the pc is now connecting it the 2.4Ghz band rather than the 5Ghz band. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Psy1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I wouldnt understand why that happens tho as my internet is kept to the 5ghz internet as much as it can be

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have you split/renamed the 2.4ghz and 5Ghz bands to differentiate between them and connect to them independently?

If not the device will choose which band to connect to by itself. 

0 Kudos
Psy1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

When connecting to a wifi each wifi at the end of the name as a letter 2 or 5 I stick to the 5 one so i dont think it will connect to the 2.4 when that internet should be forced 5ghz

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What distance is it from the hub?

5Ghz is faster but speed reduces greatly over distance.

0 Kudos