cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds in addition to the usual pathetic service

vmrunreliable
Superfast

Noticed today that my broadband speed is slower than usual. This is in addition to the usual pathetic service that I'm used to.

Download Speed is at best around 200Mbs (wired), it should be nearer 500Mbs.

I ran through the joke of an online test on the web page and it initially said there were no issues in my area, when I clicked the 'still having issues link' it reported an 'Intermittent Signal Issue' in my area and I should make sure it's not the kit in my home that's causing the issue.

That leaves me a tad confused, how could the kit in my home be causing an area wide signal issue?

Anyway, I've done all the usual jazz rebooted, restarted, reset and it's still the same.

Anyone from VM care to start the guess work?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check first what is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

Cable cat matters !

iStock-1157040514.jpg

I don't have a cat. 

Thanks for the help, sorted now so I'm just back to the high ping, high latency high packet loss.