Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow internet -Is my wifi being hacked.

Now I have had Virgin media fibreoptic broadband   for a few months now and it appears that my Wifi has been hacked as the connection is exceptionally slow at times

Have the older Hub3 even through it was a recent order and there is a security warning on connecting on my Iphone that the security for this Hub 3 is weak 

How do I get a newer router as surely Virgin media shouldnt be supplying older routers with weak security?

Any way of finding out if there are other intruders on my wifi networK

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow internet -Is my wifi being hacked.

The only hack to your wifi is VM public wifi
https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/02/virgin-media-wants-to-use-your-hub-as-a-hotspot/
the opt out option might be broken if you want to turn it off in your account or use modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ignore the weak security message - it's just Apple being over zealous now WPA3 is the "new standard" for wifi. WPA2 is perfectly fine and secure.

You need to use a wired connection to test speeds as well, not wireless

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @MattRichd56 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Apologies for the delay in response, we have been very busy and doing all we can to get to each post ASAP. Thanks for your patience, 

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds. The information @Gary-dexter has given is correct - you can ignore this message and your connection will still be secure. 

Are you still having issues with the connection today? Are you able to test a wired connection with just that device via speedtest.net? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos