cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speed on m500

Energymonster32
Joining in

I have had the virgin media m500 package for almost 2 weeks and has been ok but for the past couple days it has been awful. I have ran many speed tests averaging at about 40mbs which is absolutely terrible being the lowest speed offered in my package is 230mbs.

I have checked their app to see if there is anything wrong in my area however it says everything is fine. I have checked all the cables and even restarted the router a couple times this week but nothing fixes it.

I am wondering wether I have a bad router or maybe they’re just experiencing heavy loads at the moment.

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Establishing where speed is lost is important if there is a fault.

The link below attempts a speed test to the Hub and then a speed test to the device.

The speed to the Hub should reflect the VM subscription rate, the speed to device may be less if WiFi is involved.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

g0akc
Problem sorter

How are you doing these speed tests? What devices are you using?  Wired or wireless?

What speed do you get wired to the hub with a modern laptop/PC?

Can you post the stats off the hub - seen on pages at 192.168.0.1 (no need to login)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Energymonster32, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the connection speed. 

Can you perform a speed test on speedtest.net via a wired connection and let us know the results? 

Can you create a BQM here

Kind regards, Chris.