Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.
Sorry to hear of the slow broadband. Thank you Adduxi for helping, that is correct about the Pods.
I can see you've already spoke to the team since posting and got a Pod ordered.
There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs. You can view these below:
• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
• Channel Optimisation must be left on
• The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
• The SSID must be password protected
• The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match
As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home. This link will help though if you do have any issues > https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/intelligentwifipod