cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband

aimee852
Joining in

My internet upstairs is super slow and often a doesnr connect or is buffering. I was told I could get some booster plugs from Virgin. How do I get them?

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to use the VM Connect app to scan the room.  If it finds a weak wifi signal, it will allow you to order a Pod.  VM no longer supply booster plugs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi aimee852

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the slow broadband. Thank you Adduxi for helping, that is correct about the Pods.

I can see you've already spoke to the team since posting and got a Pod ordered.

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs. You can view these below: 
• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
• Channel Optimisation must be left on
• The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
• The SSID must be password protected
• The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match
As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home. This link will help though if you do have any issues > https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/intelligentwifipod

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill