Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband speed

My broadband speed is supposed to be 100mbs but I am only getting 26 MBS, I have just joined virgin media and I haven't noticed any difference from my previous supplier except i am paying £6 more Shocking. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband speed

How are you connecting / testing Wi-Fi or ethernet cable connected device ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

I am testing the speed on the wireless connection. 

I have been assured if I connect directly to the wireless router I would get the maximum speed which I have not tried. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You really do need to test with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected.

The result will indicate whether you have a broadband supply problem or a local Wi-Fi problem.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks MikeRobbo will do. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos