Menu
Cahors
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband, channels not working

For 3 months now half of my TV channels have not been working and for the last five weeks my 200mb broadband has been running at around 15mb and dropping out regularly. I have done all the things suggested like checking the cables, restarting the equipment and resetting everything but still the same (I have even replaced the cables). I have tried to contact Virgin but can't speak to anyone as I end up in a pre recorded loop of "we've completed the tests and there's no issues but we'll do extra tests" then it hangs up! How do I speak to an actual human? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband, channels not working

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos