Menu
tomsinclair
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Upload Speed - Only 1 Bonded Upstream Channel

Hi all

I have been having slow upload speeds for about the last 1 month and it hasn't got any better. My VM Hub 3 is in modem mode as I use my own networking router/equipment. The download speed has been excellent and I haven't had any issues with it since getting VM well over a year ago at my new build property.

I had a look on the forum and I think a few others posted this last year and it related to bonded upstream channels. I checked my Hub status and found that there were 24 downstream bonded channels but only 1 upstream bonded channel - seeing some previous posts here, I think there should be 4? I have quite a few "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" errors too, maybe a couple per day - not sure if this is related

I'm on the M600 package and average around 650-670mbps and I used to get around 42mbps upload until a month or so ago. The max I can get now is around 24mbps with an average of about 19-20mbps. It's not causing significant issues, although it's nowhere near the speeds I was seeing up until about a month ago.

Can any one here have any suggestions on what to do? I can add some stats/logs from my Hub if need be.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Upload Speed - Only 1 Bonded Upstream Channel

Try this first. You will need to put the Hub back into modem mode before reconnecting your Hub afterwards

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect the router ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
tomsinclair
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John!

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give this a go later tonight and see if it makes any difference and report back.

Kind regards,
Tom
0 Kudos
tomsinclair
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

So before trying to reset I thought I would try to reboot the hub as normal (using the GUI to reboot) - After a few minutes it came back up and all 4 upstream channels are back!

I guess when I made some changes a month ago and everything was power cycled, the hub didn't quite sync up with the network to get all the channels. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few weeks but it seems to be back to it's best now!

Thanks again,

Tom

0 Kudos