cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds vs Router Swap

ShaneYork
Tuning in

Someone I know their WiFi was slow and playing up so they contacted virgin and was told they are out of contract with virgin now they have a new router and mine is slow, and I think I'm out of contract but I can't get a new router.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity] 

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is ‘slow’ WiFi or Ethernet cable connected devices? May not be the VM hub, what hub do you have?  There are many factors involved in being given a replacement hub, you do not know their exact circumstances. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ShaneYork thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here with your broadband.

We've ran some checks and there are no network issues on the line, and all the levels to your Hub are within the specifications so there's no cause for concern here.

Can you please define slow, are you running speed tests via ethernet or WiFi connection please, what are your speeds received?

Many thanks

Tom_W

ShaneYork
Tuning in

When I have YouTube on or my recorded shows it goes off then back on and I keep getting emails saying out of contract and someone I know had the same thing happened and they got a new router after they were out of contract 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is your "VM Package" and current Hub model ?

On Wifi or ethernet connections?

And be very careful what you wish for!

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Alessandro Volta

If you are out of contract and you accepted a new VM Hub, that would likely result in starting a new 18 month contract.